Chair and Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Gulf University for Science and Technology seeks applications and nominations for the position of Department Chair and Professor.
Established in 2002, the Gulf University for Science and Technology (GUST) is the first private university in the State of Kuwait. GUST is preparing generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era. The pedagogical theory and practice of GUST is based on the American model of higher learning, and the language of instruction is English.
GUST is partnered with the Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) to establish the structure and curriculum for its new engineering programs, recruit and hire faculty, monitor the engineering programs? quality, and prepare for ABET accreditation. The GUST College of Engineering will include undergraduate programs in engineering management, electrical and computer engineering as inaugural majors, followed by other engineering degrees at a later stage.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department strives to contribute to the State of Kuwait, and the world through the education of outstanding professionals and leaders in engineering. Our educational focus is on a broad, rigorous education in all areas of electrical and computer engineering and offers significant hands-on experiences. The program will provide students with an understanding of engineering problem-solving at all levels and an appreciation for engineering as a profession.
GUST seeks a Department Chair and Professor to oversee the implementation of the electrical and computer engineering curriculum, support faculty recruitment and fulfill the overall mission of the department.
- Qualified candidates will be internationally recognized scholars with a doctorate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or closely related field, and will have demonstrated an outstanding record of excellence in teaching, research, and service at a level commensurate with appointment as tenured associate or full professor (preferred).
- Competitive applicants will possess visionary leadership abilities, rooted in shared governance, which will continue to guide the department to flourish at the highest levels of achievement in all facets of scholarship and especially with respect to promoting teaching excellence and faculty mentoring.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in communication, so as to effectively work with faculty, staff, students, administrators, corporate representatives, and alumni, and will serve as an advocate for the department. The candidate will have a strong commitment to diversity and will support the continued development of an inclusive, progressive, and vibrant climate.
- Experience working in the Arabian Gulf and/or the broader GCC region and in American model institutions is a positive.
- GUST offers generous salaries and an excellent benefits package including housing and transportation allowances, educational allowances for dependents, private medical and dental plans, as well as annual airfare return tickets home. Kuwait is an income-tax-free country.
Acceptable electronic formats are PDF and MS Word. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the review of applications will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applicants must apply by February 1, 2020.
Qualified candidates will be internationally recognized scholars with a doctorate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or closely related field, and will have demonstrated an outstanding record of excellence in teaching, research, and service at a level commensurate with appointment as associate professor or tenured, full professor.