GUST Summer Scholarships
Each year, GUST offers its students a limited number of competitive summer scholarships to enrich their academic experience through international study. GUST’s summer scholarships are open to all eligible students from both the College of Arts & Sciences and the College of Business Administration. The summer scholarships are awarded by GUST to provide for tuition (6 academic credit hours), a round trip ticket (economy class) to the United States, and a support allowance.
2017 GUST Summer Scholarships to UMSL and GWU
We are currently accepting applications for the 2017 GUST Summer Scholarship Program for summer study at the University of Missouri - St. Louis (UMSL) and George Washington University (GWU). This GUST sponsored scholarship provides for tuition at UMSL and GW (up to 6 credit hours), round-trip airfare, accommodation, and a support allowance. All interested students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• The student must have completed 60 credit hours
• Be a full-time student enrolled at GUST
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Attain a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based); 230 (computer-based); or 79-80 (internet-based).
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GUST SUMMER SCHOLARSHIP:
Interested candidates must submit the following documents to the International Program Coordinator (Room W1-102) by February 16th, 2017 (no extensions will be given):
1. Completed application form (attached below)
2. Personal statement (a personal interest essay stating your reasons for applying for the GUST summer scholarship, and how the study abroad experience will further your academic and professional goals)
3. Official GUST transcript
4. Two letters of recommendation from GUST faculty members
5. A copy of a recent TOEFL score (valid for 2 years since date test was taken)
NOTE: Students who are expected to graduate by Fall 2017 are not eligible to apply as the summer courses in UMSL and GW cannot be taken as their last courses, with the one exception being if they only have two free electives left, then they can take any two courses at UMSL or GW to be transferred back to GUST prior to their graduation. Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
Please see the attached regulations and application forms for more details.
For any inquiries about GUST Summer Scholarship Program, please contact:
Mrs. Amani Gaber
Director, Administrative Academic Affairs
Office # W2-207.
Phone #: 2530-7223