Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
The B.A. in Mass Communication is a degree program that allows the student to emphasize a particular field of study (Digital Media Production, Public Relation & Advertising, or Visual Communication).
All Mass Communication majors are required to complete 45 credit hours within the major. The following coursework is required:
- General Education (42 credits)
- Lower Division Non-Mass Communication requirements (18 credits)
- Mass Communication Core Requirements (15 credits)
- Emphasis core requirements (21 credits)
- Emphasis Electives (9 credits)
- Minor requirements (15 credits)
Internships at radio and television stations, community agencies, newspapers, public relations, marketing, and advertising firms, and a variety of business organizations provide valuable opportunities for majors to apply their communication studies. Mass Communication majors may earn a maximum of 6 credit hours for an internship in the field.
Learn More About the MCM Emphases
For more information about the majors, please check the following: