The job responsibilities of the (OSC) will be split between On and Off campus activities.
The 3 main areas of work:
- Plan, participate & execute GUST marketing events in collaboration with the PR & marketing department.
- Prepare the OSA event calendar before the beginning of the academic year which will include school visits and GUST open days.
- Receive new student?s inquiries.
- Provide full information about GUST: facilities, majors, grading, probation & dismissal, GUST scholarships, 2+2, summer scholarships, extracurricular activities, student employment.
- Plan an orientation tour for the student & parent.
- Help student fill the online application.
- Schedule placement test, collect fee and deliver scores.
- Complete admission process.
- Register & enroll the student in classes.
- Explain the major sheet, set up email account & generate student ID.
- Advise student about application dates for PUC, GUST scholarships and financial aid.
- Complete the accommodation form if the student is special needs to be sent to the relative faculty.
- Follow up on the students? attendance during the semester.
- Provide a mid-semester report to the parent about student progress.
- Act as first point of contact for any inquires raised by the student and or his/her parents.
- Document all communication between advisor & student.
- Discuss the grades achieved at the end of each semester; identify areas of strength and that which needs work.
- Advise the student about next semester enrollment.
- Advise the student about the ?grade appeal? process if warranted.
- Student to graduate in 4 years.
- Student?s GPA not to fall below 2.00 and to remain in good standing.
- Consistent follow up with the student to generate student/parent satisfaction with the service.