Native French Teacher
We are seeking highly qualified Native French Teacher needed for an educational project in Kuwait.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Teach French language to different categories and levels of students.
2) Write student reports and evaluate student progress.
3) Grade student assessments based on marking criteria.
4) Prepare daily lesson plans.
5) Teach the main approved French Language course, but may also teach other language courses including General French, and/or other French language courses that may be developed or introduced if required.
6) Complete tasks assigned by the Team Leader and Academic Supervisors which may include attending or delivering workshops, reviewing courses, developing teaching materials and/ or any other projects related to teaching.
7) Report any issues of concern to Academic supervisor, who will report the case to the Team leader if needed or unresolved.
8) In instances of student misbehavior, teacher would be required to fill in an incident report and hand it in to Academic Supervisor.
9) Teach up to 15 hours per week, Sunday through Thursday, in the approved courses may include various levels of grammar, reading, writing, listening, speaking and/or oral skills to improve language fluency.
10) Responsible for lesson preparation, curriculum and materials development associated with the overall program and course(s) taught.
11) Distribute and thoroughly discuss the class syllabus for each course taught and evaluate course textbook(s).
12) Monitor and report student progress including, but not limited to accurate and timely grading and attendance record keeping.
13) Attend staff meetings, placement testing, student orientation, staff development and in-service training and other activities as assigned.
14) Adhere to instructor scheduled office hours and be flexible to schedule by appointment as necessary.
15) Adhere to and support the goals and mission of the program and be highly motivated and enthusiastic to teach non-native French Language learners.
16) Contribute to the ongoing development of curriculum and policies of the assigned courses.
17) Display a professional and collegial attitude.
- Bachelor degree in French Language or related discipline.
- Professional certification in teaching French as a Foreign Language (Français Langue Etrangère or FLE).
- Native French Speaker.
- Minimum 3 years? experience in teaching French Language in a college or university-level or intensive for academic purposes program.
- Experience in Curriculum Development and Preparation is preferred.
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of grammar, writing, reading, listening, speaking, pronunciation and conversation skills, strategies and methods including demonstrated excellence in teaching and ability to apply the use of instructional technology in the classroom required.
- Good organizer, positive team member, and an ability to interact in cross-cultural relationships
- Computer competence including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and assessment
- Leadership skills including interpersonal communication and team building
Priority will be given to Kuwaiti citizens. Interested applicants are requested to send copy of CV, qualifications, experience and passport to: Languageeducationproject@gmail.com