IT Helpdesk Support is responsible for providing IT support for the whole university acting as a front line support to 2nd line teams regarding different infrastructure and consumer services. Also maintaining, repairing, configure and design audio visual systems in addition to supporting Various events hosted by GUST.
- Provide Help Desk support to end users which includes Identify, research, and resolve technical problems for end users.
- Works to achieve day to day objectives / SLA's
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Create, track, close update and resolve help desk trouble tickets and perform account management.
- Provide support in acknowledging, creating, updating, monitoring, disseminating, coordinating reports, documents, slides, status, inspections, and service interruptions.
- Audio Visual - Video Teleconference.
- Perform day-to-day operations, maintenance, and documentation, knowledge transfer for all supported functions, upgrades, projects, and system outages for all Audio, Visual and Video systems.
- Independently Maintain a Master Schedule and perform daily ops check of equipment.
- Control Utilization of service contracts and preform preventative maintenance on the above items
- Set up Audio visual equipment/ Rack in classrooms and for special projects (events).
- Usage of various AV applications software in the performance of the job
- B.Sc. or Diploma in computing field (Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications or related field),
- Professional Certificates related to IT field are preferred.
Minimum of 2 years IT experience in help desk support
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-ted
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Confident negotiation and online documentation (throughout the negotiation) in English
- Unconditional provision of services