Audio / Video Visual Support
Audio Visual Support are widely required to help organizations and clients meet their AV/V needs with ease. The key role is to maintain, repair, configure and design audio visual systems in addition to support various events hosted by GUST.
- Support campus events and activities that require A/V setup.
- Maintain and troubleshooting audio, video and lighting equipment.
- Prepare and positioning audio, video and lighting equipment for broadcasts and recordings.
- Connect, tune, and configure A/V setups to ensure high-quality broadcasting.
- Operate software to control A/V technologies.
- Prepare teleprompters with scripts.
- Monitor live feeds to ensure quality.
- Find effective means to store and transport A/V equipment as and when it is needed.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and systems to effectively recommend changes, update, and redesign of facilities.
- Lead, guide, and train faculty, /students, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree related to computing and multimedia, especially in fields like audio-visual production, video production, and multimedia operations.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience.
- Expertise in video conferencing and broadcast systems
- Extensive knowledge of the architectural, cabling, and control system requirements of AV/V technologies.
- ITIL knowledge is a plus.
Job Specific Competencies
- Technical understanding of AV/V and IT systems
- Up-to-date awareness of AV technologies and their features
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft office 365).
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- A team player and willing to teach and to learn.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and risk assessment abilities
- Project management and deadline fulfillment skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
- Confident negotiation and online documentation (throughout the negotiation) in English
- Unconditional provision of services