Business Development Executive – Corporate Sales
The Business Development Executive focuses on revenue generation by selling and growing a predefined account list. Their goal is to maximize sales to his/her assigned accounts. They will work in a team selling environment by partnering with account executives in selling to the named account list. In addition, they serve as sales escalation on major opportunities at the department level.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships within a predefined, named account list to position Executive Education as a strategic training and development partner.
- Serve as the primary contact for their account.
- Accountable for a minimum sales quota (per annum) from named accounts by identifying and closing new business opportunities within these accounts.
- Build a long-term relationship with these customers by developing account action plans for all named accounts.
- Establish a solid prospect base and integrate strategic sales programs reflecting client requirements while establishing strong working relationships with Executive Education.
- Bring in internal and external resources to assist in building an Integrated Learning solution.
- Track all sales activities using corporate standard processes and tools, including maintaining a pipeline.
- Prepare customer presentations, product demonstrations, and proposals.
- Bring in executive management on client engagements.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Develop new business within the region by working to identify large local opportunities and drive the sales cycle to a close.
- Responsible for overseeing the proper implementation and servicing of closed opportunities.
- Responsible for the hand-off to other team members (implementation coordinator, project manager).
- Serve as the first point of escalation for named accounts.
- Possess consultative business skills.
- Know and promote Executive Education competitive advantages – company, product, and partners.
- Qualify opportunities and sell the value of the Executive Education Integrated Learning strategy.
- Build an integrated learning solution by bringing in internal and external resources to meet the customer's needs.
- Conduct product demonstrations.
- Work with Management on planning to identify top potential clients and develop a client acquisition strategy for named target accounts.
- Require a strong focus on internal selling and communication.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of major account management experience.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivational abilities.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and design customer-based agreements.
- Ability to handle deadlines, and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with developing and delivering outstanding sales presentations.
- Ability to flourish in a matrix organization.
- Basic selling skills: Establishes rapport, determines customer needs, relates benefits to product features, handles objections, and closes
- Strategic selling skills: Listens beyond product needs and establishes a vision of a client-vendor relationship that supports the strategic direction of both organizations
- Consulting skills: Involves others in the decision that will affect them, encourages participation of key stakeholders in problem-solving, and develops breakthrough ideas and solutions
- Problem-solving skills: Anticipates problems, invites ideas, distinguishes symptoms from causes, modifies proposals, and implements solutions.
- Financial analysis: Understands the financial impact of decisions on the client, the client's customer, and Executive Education
- Market analysis: Understands market trends and the implications of those trends for the industry, customers, markets and the competition
- Business planning: Understands the factors that affect an industry's potential for profitability and growth and a company's competitive position, and how this information is used to determine the strategic direction and annual business plan for the company
- Computer literacy: Has basic computer skills for application to prospecting and marketing programs, including customer contact and customer management
- Product Knowledge: Possesses expertise related to Executive Education products and services and crucial aspects of the business.