We are looking for a highly motivated synthetic organic chemist preferably with additional expertise in polymer and/or supramolecular chemistry. The research project lies at the interface of polymer chemistry, materials chemistry, and supramolecular chemistry. It focuses on the design, characterization, and applications of aromatic hydrocarbons and graphene-like structures for gas separation.
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Synthetic Organic/Polymer Chemist
- Ph.D. Degree in organic/polymer chemistry from a recognized university.
- 1-5 years of research experience in advanced organic/polymer synthesis.
- Demonstrated record of expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry including carrying out reactions under inert atmosphere (i.e. Schlenck techniques).
- Acquaintance with microwave synthesis and advanced purification and isolation techniques.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Fluent in English. Preferred skills
- Hands-on C-C and C-Z cross coupling reaction methods.
- Knowledge of polymer and/or supramolecular chemistry.
- Experience in advanced spectroscopic and surface analyses techniques.
- Familiar with bibliographical search engines.
- Good publication record.
The successful candidate is expected to execute and actively participate in the success of the research projects. The successful candidate will be also expected to:
- Assist in the design and the planning of laboratory experiments.
- Support the principal investigator in their research projects particularly in the area of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Prepare inventories for equipment, chemicals, and supplies.
- Follow-up the acquisition process of supplies and equipment and will be part of decision-making regarding the purchase of new instruments.