Teaching Assistant- Mathematics & Natural Science
The TA is responsible for individual tutoring, the holding of general tutorial sessions, review presentations, and assisting in departmental tasks as assigned by the department’s head or by the Dean. This position involves assignments covering 35 hours a week within the period of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (flex hours) from Sunday to Thursday. Occasional proctoring duties may be required on Saturdays.
- Deliver course-related practice/recitation sessions that are required for Calculus courses
- Prepare course materials for the practice/recitation sessions
- Assess student's performance during the practice/recitation sessions, through regular assessments
- Hold tutorials and/or review sessions as one-to-one, small groups, or groups
- Hold regular weekly office hours for students
- Help faculty prepare course materials
- Assist the department in events and activities
- Assist in proctoring of examinations within the department/college
- Attend professional development and prepare for sessions
- Other related duties as assigned by the department head
Master's degree in mathematics or any related field with a GPA that is above 3.00.
Previous teaching experience is an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in teaching
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Attention to details
- Computer competence