Mission, vision strategic goals and educational objectives
The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become members of a complex and diverse society and responsible global citizens. To this purpose, we offer a vast multidisciplinary array of courses that students complete both as electives and as part of GUST’s General Education requirements.
The Department's primary objectives are to:
- Foster critical thinking and appreciation of the rich cultural, social and artistic heritage of humanity, and examine its ethical and aesthetic values.
- Support students in the development of interdisciplinary skills, learning strategies and research methodologies necessary for advanced intellectual and professional endeavors.
- Contribute with world-class research to advances in the various fields of scholarly inquiry represented in our department.
- Put faculty expertise to the service of institutions, scholars and the general public, both locally and internationally.
- Contribute to our university’s institutional effectiveness and growth by adopting transparent, collegial and ethical standards of governance.
The department of Humanities and Social Sciences doesn't offer a major but offers courses for students to fulfill their General Education Requirements.