Mission, vision strategic goals and educational objectives
Through scientific and mathematical excellence, the Math and Natural Science Department seeks to enhance society and address global challenges. We provide a comprehensive science and mathematics education to all GUST students. Through our research and collaborations, we share our knowledge and discoveries with the community, the region, and the world in order to increase the public’s understanding of the importance of math and science in solving real-world problems.
The Department's primary objectives are to:
- Develop intellectual curiosity, logical reasoning, and critical thinking abilities.
- Utilized technology to give priority to concept exploration, analysis, and evaluation of the results.
- Identify students who experience academic difficulties and incorporate independent resource-based learning.
- Use the best educational practices to establish a productive and dynamic learning environment.
- Encourage faculty to attend professional development workshops in teaching.
- Create an atmosphere of research quality excellence.
- Promote awareness about the Math and Natural Sciences fields within the community.
The Department of Mathematics & Natural Sciences is devoted to form professionals with excellent problem- solving and critical thinking skills to be adopted in their projects or case studies regardless of their employment.
The Mathematics & Natural Sciences Department offers several math and natural science courses required for all degrees and programs either as Major Requirements or as part of the University’s General Education credits.