About the Course
Change is everywhere in the Middle East today, as many countries seek to diversify their economies and encourage new industries. The region's complex business environment includes distinct political and economic conditions in each country—and an uncertain global economy. That's why businesses seeking the best opportunities for growth in the region need exceptional leaders—executives who are bold decision-makers, global thinkers, and skilled strategists.
Taught in a series of modules, this business management program will help you become a stronger leader who can deliver value in a global context, drive new levels of innovation, and build accountable, high-performance organizations.
- Think strategically, seize growth opportunities, and compete successfully, regionally and globally
- Foster the innovations that will improve your organization's ability to deliver value to customers
- Lead authentically and ethically at all levels and foster a culture of accountability across the organization
- Build confidence in yourself as a leader, decision-maker, and negotiator
- Develop enduring bonds with accomplished peers who span functions, industries, and countries
Who Should Attend
Senior executives, senior functional leaders, or general managers leading successful, established companies with 10+ years of experience who want to sharpen their management and leadership skills and are preparing to assume new responsibilities or drive growth initiatives.
- Practicing strategic thinking
- Building strategic advantage through service and operational excellence
- Creating customer value and building brands
- Designing and executing growth strategies
- Driving corporate performance
- Leading teams and managing talent
- Driving organizational change
- Becoming a more effective negotiator
- Managing corporate finance
- Leading an accountable organization
- Developing a more innovative organization
- Understanding and promoting design thinking
- Leveraging digital technologies
- Becoming an entrepreneurial leader
- Understanding the global economy
- Building businesses in emerging markets
- Expanding your global perspective
Imperatives for Today’s Organizations and Leaders
Expand your ability to think entrepreneurially about your company and its offerings in the context of the local, regional, and global business environment. Diving deeply into the case method of learning, you will open yourself to new insights as you work individually, in small groups, and in the larger classroom.
- Explore the dynamics of the global economy and globalization
- Recognize the opportunities and challenges created by the interactions among business, government, and the international economy
- Identify, evaluate, and select high-potential opportunities in developed or emerging markets
- Use a detailed questionnaire as the basis for starting work with your personal coach
Creating Innovative, High-Performance Organization
You will expand your ability to evolve an organization that can innovate continuously—in products, services, organizational structures, and business processes. You will develop new ways to sustain exceptional performance and deliver more value to stakeholders.
- Nurture an experimentation mindset and a culture of innovation
- Embrace the strategic and tactical opportunities presented by new technologies and trends
- Create corporate value by strengthening financial management
- Translate corporate mission and business strategy into a comprehensive set of performance targets and measures
- Improve management-board relationships while strengthening governance, accountability, and risk management
Creating Customer Value and Strategic Advantage
You will explore how companies build competitive advantage by focusing on specific markets and delivering what customers truly value. Examining how the rise of digital technology has generated both obstacles and opportunities, you will continue to find new ways to create value for customers—and for your business.
- Design and execute sound competitive strategies and growth plans
- Foster a culture of customer centricity
- Develop service excellence as a competitive advantage
- Update your brand strategy
- Determine your company's ideal size—and whether to operate locally, regionally, or globally
- Maximize the value of partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions
Becoming a Transformational Leader
You will refine your personal leadership strategies, continue to explore opportunities created by ongoing digital innovation, evaluate your leadership journey over the past several months, and prepare to continue developing yourself and your organization.
- Invest in and empower the people who will enable your organization to succeed
- Recognize and exploit disruptive opportunities
- Drive the changes that align your organization to achieve strategic goals
- Adapt your leadership style to the needs of your team and your organization
- Negotiate more effectively—in routine situations and in high-stakes deals on which your company's future depends