The CS Department ultimate goal is to maintain a program of excellence in teaching, research, and service by achieving the following core objectives:
- Prepare the students for productive careers in a broad range of computer science areas by equipping them with robust problem-solving skills to build computing systems of varying levels of complexity to meet market needs in local, regional or global markets.
- Constantly update the CS curriculum to incorporate innovations in this ever-changing discipline.
- Prepare the students for lifelong learning in the discipline.
- Seek and maintain international accreditation for our undergraduate program.
- Develop and maintain high-quality computing-related graduate programs.
- Attract, nurture, and retain outstanding faculty whowill produce high-quality fundamental and applied research.
- Build and maintain long-lasting collaborative relationships with other universities and industries locally and internationally.
- Provide services to the industry, the professional societies, the community, and the state of Kuwait.
- Identify and Implement best practices and benchmarking to continuously improve the effectiveness of the department operation.