About the Course
Effective Execution of Organizational Strategy focuses on the most important factors involved in implementation, including leadership, culture, organizational design, capabilities, and incentives. This program explores those factors as they apply at every level, from individual to team to organization. It provides a well-structured approach to implementation for managers who face execution challenges. Participants will leave with an actionable plan for executing a specific strategy or initiative, and a new set of tools and approaches for overcoming even their most challenging execution obstacles.
Who Should Attend
- The program is best suited for individuals involved with implementing strategies and strategic initiatives. Some experience in formulating strategy is helpful, but individuals moving into a position that requires strategic planning may also benefit because they will have the opportunity to consider the full process of formulating and executing strategy through this program.
- Consider strategy execution from a range of lenses including leadership, organizational culture, talent management, and capabilities.
- Create a plan for dealing with your organization’s most critical execution issues.
- Understand how to get buy-in, clarify responsibility and accountability, and create proper incentives.
- Develop and access the necessary resources for implementation regardless of whether they are located inside or outside the organization.
- The Impact of Culture on Implementation
- Barriers to Organizational Change
- Strategic Leadership
- Implementing through Teams
- Cognitive Biases Affecting Implementation
- Organizational Design
- Accessing Resources from Outside the Organization
This hands-on program includes group discussions, case studies, individual activity-based development and small group exercises to deepen your insights and sharpen your performance management skills.