About the Course
An effective supply chain plays a critical role in the success of any business. In today’s highly competitive marketplace, a well-managed global supply chain can be the key advantage that helps win and retain customers. Therefore, it becomes crucial to develop a key understanding of how supply chains can be developed and maintained to not only optimize operational efficiency but also safeguard the business from sudden risks and challenges.
Participants will learn how supply chains have reacted to global stresses and develop an action plan to reimagine the current global supply chain based on identified opportunities for improvement. The course provides instruction regarding the frameworks, skills, and capabilities required to coordinate and integrate global logistics, purchasing, operations, and market channel strategies.
Who Is This Program For?
This course is for people who:
- Seek to identify trends, new avenues, and opportunities to reinvent your organization's present global supply chain management.
- Are interested in learning the competitive advantages of socially and environmentally sustainable supply chains and incorporating them into their corporate strategies.
- Want to adopt an analytical approach to improving supply chain efficiency and creating better business output.
- Are looking to bring about a digital transformation in their organization's supply chain management techniques and processes.
- Analyze key aspects of global sourcing in the supply chain. Apply risk management models to mitigate your organization's global supply chain risk.
- Examine assumptions, facts, and myths about product distribution and supply chain management.
- Identify factors driving digital transformation of global corporate supply chains.
- Assess the supply chain's role in improving an organization's global operational efficiency.
- Develop an action plan to reimagine your organization's global supply chain management based on identified opportunities for improvement.
Module 1: Reviewing the Global Supply Chain Management Landscape
Learn about the role and impact of the global supply chain, as well as how to evaluate the operational efficiency of an organization's supply chain using a strategic framework.
Module 2: Optimizing Supply Chain Roles and Relationships
Participate in a simulation activity called the Root Beer Game that examines supply chain roles and functions through a phenomenon known as the bullwhip effect.
Module 3: Managing Global Sourcing
Examine current trends and challenges in global sourcing and apply what you've learned through key sourcing decisions based on a case study.
Module 4: Global Supply Chain Risk
Use a risk management framework and maturity model to assess and mitigate supply chain risks in global organizations.
Module 5: Managing a Socially and Environmentally Responsible Global Supply Chain
Through interviews with industry experts, learn best practices for managing a global supply chain that is socially and environmentally responsible.
Module 6: Digital Trends in Global Supply Chain Management
Explore the latest technical developments in global supply chain operations, including an analytics framework that can transform an organization's digital capabilities.