Office of Student Life revealed its development of the Student Employment System, releasing a new application that allows students to apply for student employee positions remotely. This step comes in line with the precautionary measures implemented by the university and the country, transitioning student employment into a remote work system.
Once a student’s application has been received, the Office of Student Life, will conduct a job interview with the applicant through Microsoft Teams. The program adopts a part-time system, which aims to provide students with practical experience as well as refining their administrative skills in a real work environment, thus preparing them for the labor market after graduation. Student employment provides assistance and support to the various departments of the university and colleges which saves time and speeds up the pace of work in various sectors, while giving students significant work experience to add to their CVs. The Student Employment Program also provides a monthly financial reward and flexible hours which takes the student’s academic obligations into account so that no scheduling conflicts occur. Students of all majors can register in the program to work in the various departments of the university during their spare time.
The Office of Student Life has sucessfuly hired 33 students in Fall semester, 38 students in Spring semester and 25 students in Summer semster of the year 2020-2021, the pie chart below shows the distribution of students/positions
The below pie chart shows female/male ratio for student employment of the year 2020-2021
Visit the link below and discover your opportunities
Student Employment Program (SEP):
- The Office of Student Life (OSL) has managed and handled the affairs of the Student Employment Program (SEP) due to the high demand of employing student workers internally through updating the SEP policies and procedures, creating new forms, job descriptions and aiming to implement a student employment electronic system in order to give them the experience of a real job.
The OSL aims to create a career impression for the students and ensure a work experience, management skills and professionalism to prepare the student for the career world after his/her graduation.
- - Employment of Peer Tutor: GPA 3.00 and minimum of 60 units.
- - Employment of Administrative Assistant/Clerk: GPA 2.50 and minimum of 30 units.
- - Employment of Note Taker: GPA 2.50 and minimum of 30 units.
- - Tutoring should match student’s major and will tutor a subject that he/she has passed with a grade of B or higher.
- - Student worker should not be asked to proctor or grade exams or answer emails.
- - Student will be allowed to work in more than one area with the understanding that they will not exceed a total of 20 hours per month.
- - The student is allowed to work for a maximum of 20 hours. The student earns 5 KD per hour and the payment will be monthly and any exception will be reviewed by OSL and approved by the VP of academic services.
- - Upon the recommendation of the student supervisor, he/she will be considered for a certificate of achievement by the end of each semester.
The Student Employment is located in the Office of Student Life department.
Office hours 8:00 am to 3:00 pm - Sunday to Thursday
Contact us e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 252307355- 25307064