Looking for a job at GUST in Summer 1703 ! Visit the link below and discover your opportunities.
Student Employment Program (SEP):
- The Office of Student Life (OSL) has managed and handled the affairs of the Student Employment Program (SEP) due to the high demand of employing student workers internally through updating the SEP policies and procedures, creating new forms, job descriptions and aiming to implement a student employment electronic system in order to give them the experience of a real job.
- The Student engagement staff at OSL is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the SEP with GUST departments by providing them with student resumes.
- Hire students and help them find the suitable job position according to vacancies and demand and register the number of working hours without exceeding 20 hours a month.
- Student Engagement staff handles student’s payroll processes which is agreed to be 5 KD per hour.
- The OSL will issue student recommendation letters and certificates approved by the manager/supervisor of the department and signed by the Head of OSL and the VP of Academic Services as an appreciation of the students experience and efforts.
- The Student Engagement staff should provide information on posting jobs by emails, interviewing students, selecting candidates according to the guidelines of employment, nominating the best fit for the requested position.
The OSL aims to create a career impression for the students and ensure a work experience, management skills and professionalism to prepare the student for the career world after his/her graduation.
- - Employment of Peer Tutor: GPA 3.00 and minimum of 60 units.
- - Employment of Administrative Assistant/Clerk: GPA 2.50 and minimum of 30 units.
- - Employment of Note Taker: GPA 2.50 and minimum of 30 units.
- - Tutoring should match student’s major and will tutor a subject that he/she has passed with a grade of A- or higher.
- - Student worker should not be asked to proctor or grade exams or answer emails.
- - Student will be allowed to work in more than one area with the understanding that they will not exceed a total of 20 hours per month.
The Student Employment is located in the Office of Student Life department.
Office hours 8:00 am to 3:00 pm - Sunday to Thursday
Contact us e-mail: email@example.com
Telephone: 252307355- 25307064