Welcome to the Accounting Major Guide!
The Accounting Major at GUST helps students learn to maintain and report the finances of a person or organization, so they should enjoy math and revel in organization.
Accounting majors learn how to create, maintain and audit a detailed and accurate system that displays the finances of a business or organization. They study the theory behind accounting and learn how to analyze the financial position of a firm or organization.
Students who graduate in Accounting pursue careers in fields like:
- Internal Auditor
- Staff Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Budget Analyst
- Loan Officer
- Financial Analyst
- And many more
- About Fit Small Business — To help you make the best decisions for your business, and to do so as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Accounting.com — The one-stop accounting resource for students, accounting.com covers most of what a budding accountant would need. The website has several features including job listings, career advice, scholarship application forms, and educational resources
- AccountingCoach — Perfect for Employees, Bookkeepers, Students, Accountants, and Small Businesses
- The Accounting Onion — Accounting Onion. Peeling away financial reporting issues one layer at a time
- Accounting Simplified — Accounting Simplified Provides Easy To Understand Accounting Lessons For Students, Professionals, Teachers, And Entrepreneurs Explained With Practical Examples And Interactive Questions
- Accounting Student Network — Tailored specifically for accounting students, the Accounting Student Network has everything from study resources to personal mentoring and even all the way to employment advice
- The Blunt Bean Counter — This blog is meant for everyone, but in particular for high net worth individuals and owners of private corporations
- CPA Technology Blog — It focuses on the technological aspect of accountancy. It has reviews on different software and devices used in the field
- Principles of Accounting — For those who wants to learn financial and managerial accounting can find a lot of information and resources