- Understand their information need and define a research topic;
- Locate, access and identify the range of resources provided by the Library (print and digital);
- Apply effective search strategies in order to retrieve accurate and relevant information from those resources for their needs;
- Evaluate and use that information independently and critically;
- Cite their sources and use that information in a responsible and ethical manner.
Workshops can help students improve their digital information literacy skills and be more proficient at researching. A research skills workshop can be provided to a class of students or to faculty members upon request. Workshops are ad/hoc and can be tailored to your information needs.
For example a Librarian can discuss any one of these topics:
- A beginner's run through of any of our subscribed databases;
- An advanced run through of any of our subscribed databases including advanced search tips;
- Citing your sources & plagiarism: a Zotero & EndNote software introduction;
- How to use Libguides
- How to define a research topic
LibGuides pages are designed for the various needs of the user community and are valuable support tools that can help improve information literacy.
Learn more about a specific topic you are studying; access useful, relevant links & websites as well as professionally supportive online tools.
Research Support Guides
Links to the most used journal collections which have been handpicked from the databases. Unlock the vast realm of knowledge with ease as you explore a curated selection of terms and concepts meticulously compiled to enhance your understanding.