Discover the range of digital and print collections available to GUST users.
Electronic research databases are essential components of an academic library's resources. The selection of databases available at AMR Library ensure a balanced representation of resources across the subjects and majors taught at GUST.
Through our subscription services, GUST users have both on-campus and remote access to the latest published research as well as archived materials provided by reputable, international databases.
- Scholarly, peer-reviewed, full text, journal articles from top publishers;
- International magazine and newspaper coverage, primary source archives, dissertations and conference proceedings;
- Statistical and financial market analysis tools, company profiles, country reports and other scientific/business reference materials.
Databases are classified accordingly:
- Content Aggregrators
- Multidisciplinary Databases
- Specialist Databases
- Publishing Databases
The titles in the Library's entire Catalog number in excess of 22,000. They are organized (classified) according to the Library of Congress (LC) subject classification system.
The titles support all current majors as well as foundation programs and elective courses across the three Colleges at GUST: Arts & Sciences, Business Administration and Engineering.
The Library has several Special Collections comprising:
- Audiovisual Collection
- The Library has over 2,000 VHS cassettes, audio cassettes, CDs, and DVDs
- Embassy Collection
- These accommodate the generous print book donations received from the following countries and their embassies here in Kuwait: Austria, China, Germany, France, Spain, India, Japan and USA
- Fiction Collection
- Includes print book titles from popular series , classic and modern fiction, that are handpicked and suitable for recreational or easy reading
- Kuwait Collection
- Includes print book titles about local heritage, religion, history, geography, economy and literature (English and Arabic titles)
- Reference Collection
- Includes typical reference materials like dictionaries, atlases, thesauri, handbooks, etc
- Reserve Collection
- Includes print book titles nominated by GUST faculty members (core textbooks)
- Reserve items are accessible from the Library's Information Desk and have
These databases provide access to content collected from many publishers all in one places, making search easy and user friendly.
- Academic Search Ultimate — Great start for academic research. EBSCO has an extensive multidisciplinary collection of peer-reviewed, scholarly, full-text journals and magazines that are also indexed by Web of Science and Scopus. Includes trade reports and proceedings.
- EBSCO Discovery Service — Great start for academic research. Use this powerful all-inclusive tool to search across all EBSCO databases from a single platform.
- Access Global News — Features +7000 global and local news titles and primary sources from over 200 countries. Allows users to track trends over time or geographically while comparing differing perspectives. Combines all news formats - full-text newspapers, web-only content, PDF image editions, and others - for superior search results. Selecting sources from curated subject collections makes the research process much easier and more comprehensive. Available 24/7 from any device. Covers topics in business, health, education, environment, political and social issues and more.
- ProQuest Central — Great place to start your academic search. 175 subjects. Search across all ProQuest content including full text access to working papers, dissertations, trade reports, exclusive business collections, conference proceedings, as well as magazine & journal articles.
The following databases from leading publishers provide access to excellent, peer-reviewed research across several disciplines:
- Emerald Journals — Fantastic Business and Management database. Access 300 full text, peer reviewed scholarly publications with +255,000 articles, dissertations, trade titles, magazines, proceedings, videos, market reports and case studies.
- ScienceDirect — A reputable multidisciplinary source with over 4,645 academic publications & 400,000 full text scholarly journals as well as patents, proceedings, professional resources, e-Books & open access items.
- Springer Journals — Springer Link is a well known database providing researchers with access to millions of scientific documents from journals, books, series, protocols, reference works and proceedings.
- Taylor & Francis — Fantastic resource for business & management academic research published by T&F, Routledge, Cogent and Dove Press. Retrieve full-text for over 2,700 journal publications as well as eBooks and 180 open access publications.
The Library provides those who are looking to publish their research access to the following scholarly communication databases:
- Cabells Scholarly Analytics — Make the best publishing decision by using Cabells to avoid deceptive practices and select the best journal for your needs. View the submission info, peer review policies, and fees, for over 11,000 top global academic publications. Includes metrics.
- Scopus — Access abstracts and indexed bibliometric data for thousands of journal titles and millions of author profiles. Use sophisticated alt-metric tools to track the impact of your research.
- Web of Science — Access abstracts and indexed bibliometric data for thousands of journals and millions of author profiles. Use altmetric analytical tools to track the impact of your research.
These databases are discipline-specific and are suitable for users who need more information about a particular topic:
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) - Digital Library — A comprehensive collection of the latest computing & IT research & resources with over 50 years of archives.
- Business Source Ultimate — Business Source Ultimate works for researchers like a solid business plan – it offers an unprecedented wealth of peer-reviewed, full-text journals and other resources that provide historical information and current trends in business that spark discussion on future developments and changes in the business world.
- Communications and Mass Media Complete — This collection provides a robust, quality research solution for communications and mass media. It offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 570 journals, and selected coverage of nearly 200 more. Full text for over 450 journals, with thousands of articles and issues.
- Computers and Applied Sciences Complete — This database covers the research and development spectrum of the computing and applied sciences disciplines. CASC provides indexing and abstracts for nearly 2,200 academic journals, professional publications, and other reference sources from a diverse collection.
- ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center) — A collection of educational literature and research as well as indexed resources. Includes links to journal articles, research reports, curriculum and teaching guides, conference papers, dissertations and theses, and books 1966-present.
- IEEE - Computer Society — The world’s largest technical organization for computer science & most cited in the field. Find articles & proceedings for the latest topics & research.
- JSTOR — An archive of scholarly content that dates back to 1900s. Excellent for the arts and history, religion studies, ethics, politics, literature, English studies, education, economics and management theories. Access articles, primary sources, historical documents, eBooks.
- Project MUSE — Access scholarly, full-text, peer-reviewed journal titles & books published by reputed societies & university presses. Project MUSE specializes in arts, humanities & social sciences, and features unique content that includes reviews on fine arts, performance, music, drama, as well as fiction, poetry, and illustrations and photographs.
- Refinitiv-EIKON — EIKON is a financial information service, including company data, market data, news, country and economic data, analytics and trading tools.
- Social Sciences Full Text (H.W. Wilson) — Social Sciences Full Text provides access to a wide assortment of the most important English-language journals published in the social sciences. This resource provides detailed indexing for over 625 periodicals dating back as far as 1983—nearly 400 of which are peer-reviewed.
- SAGE Journals — Internationally ranked and well reputed humanities & social sciences content. Full text access to +600,000 scholarly articles, dating 1999-present.
Selection of materials is based on the following summary guidelines:
- They support the curriculum and research requirements of the Arts & Humanities, Business and Computer Science Faculties
- They provide a lasting value or an anticipated value to A.M.R Library and GUST
- They are in good condition and are of a suitable format for users
- They are authored by or received from reliable, authoritative, sources
- They support the recreational needs of the Community (applies to classic fiction, local and regional history and culture as well as donations)
- Their interface is straightforward to use (applies to digital resources)