2016 Call for applicants – full scholarships available
GUST is encouraging motivated GUST graduates to apply for a fully-funded Masters/PhD scholarship inclusive of fees and monthly stipend.
To provide quality graduate education leading to a Master’s/PhD degree for students with proven academic track records, and who have the desire to make a positive impact on GUST. Scholarship awardees who complete their Master’s and PhD programs will be offered full-time teaching positions upon their return to GUST.
Universities & Programs of Study
Scholarship winners are expected to study at one of the international universities pre-approved by GUST, which are international accreditation bodies recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education. Programs leading to a Master’s/PhD typically take up to six years to complete. Graduate scholarship students must complete their study within a specified timeframe on a full-time basis.
Applicants must be citizens of Kuwait, have their undergraduate degrees from GUST, a GPA of at least high distinction (B+) or a 3.30 GPA, and must have a strong command of the English language to be able to meet all academic, entry and other requirements of the universities concerned. Applicants must not be more than twenty five (25) years of age by the 1st October following the scholarship nomination.
GUST offers graduate scholarship students a stipend equivalent to a teaching assistant’s salary and benefits from the following list:
• Academic tuition and mandatory fees for the duration of the study period.
• Basic medical insurance for the duration of the study period.
• Annual support for educational supplies and materials.
• Annual round trip ticket.
In addition to these advantages, Law 19-2000 issued on 9 May 2000 by the Amir of the State of Kuwait regarding support and encouragement of national labor to work in non-government sectors will be applied to all scholarship recipients.
Scholarship awardees are required to sign a binding letter, co-signed by a family member that requires the student to undertake – if a scholarship is offered – a faculty position at GUST for a period equivalent to the period of their study. Should the graduate scholarship student decline this employment offer, the full amount of the scholarship must be repaid.
Application Materials Required
1. A letter from the College Dean indicating the area of specialization the student must follow.
2. An unconditional acceptance letter from an international university pre-approved by GUST and international accreditation bodies, and recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Kuwait Cultural Office in Washington, D.C.
Please visit Kuwait University website for a list of recognized and internationally top ranked universities.
Or you may copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser to review the list:
3. A resumé stating their educational achievement(s) and work experience.
4. Two academic letters of reference from GUST faculty.
5. Copies of transcripts and any admission exams results (e.g.: GMAT, TOEFL or IELTS).
6. Scanned copy of the civil identification card and passport photo page.
7. Further documentation will be requested upon submission of the above.
Applications are open for submission year round. Students expecting to graduate by Summer 2016 are also eligible to apply.
Further information about GUST Graduate Scholarships can be obtained from the GUST International Office. Please contact Ms. Amani Gaber, Director of Administrative Academic Affairs, office # W2-207.
GUST reserves the right to review each individual case, and make a final decision based on the recommendation of the GUST Postgraduate Scholarship Committee.