2018 Call for applicants – full scholarships available
GUST is encouraging motivated GUST graduates to apply for a fully-funded Masters/PhD scholarship inclusive of tuition fees and a monthly stipend.
To provide quality graduate education leading to a Master’s/PhD degree for students with strong academic track records, and who have the desire to make a positive impact on GUST. Scholarship awardees who complete their Master’s and PhD programs will be offered a full-time teaching positions upon their return to GUST.
Universities & Programs of Study
Scholarship recipients are expected to study at one of the top 100 ranked universities in the United States pre-approved by GUST. These universities have already been endorsed by the Ministry of Higher Education and the Kuwait Cultural Office in Washington, D.C.
The full program to earn a Master’s/PhD degree typically takes up to six years to complete. Graduate scholarship recipients must complete their study within a specified timeframe on a full-time basis.
Applicants must be Kuwaiti citizens, earned their undergraduate degrees from GUST, and graduated with at least a 3.50 GPA. Applicants must demonstrate a strong command of the English language, and be able to meet all academic, entry, and other requirements of the universities concerned. Applicants must not be more than twenty-eight (28) years of age by the 1st October following the scholarship nomination.
GUST offers graduate scholarship students a stipend equivalent to a teaching assistant’s salary, and benefits that cover:
• Academic tuition and mandatory fees for the duration of the study period.
• Medical insurance for the duration of the study period.
• Annual round trip ticket (economy class).
Scholarship recipients are required to sign a binding letter, co-signed by their guarantor that requires the student to undertake – if a scholarship is offered – a faculty position at GUST for a period equivalent to the period of their study in the United States. Should the scholarship student decline this employment offer, the full amount of the scholarship must be repaid.
Application Materials Required
1. A letter from the college dean indicating the area of specialization the student must follow.
2. An unconditional acceptance letter from a US university pre-approved by GUST and recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Kuwait Cultural Office in Washington, D.C.
3. A resume stating their educational achievement(s) and work experience.
4. Two academic letters of reference from GUST faculty.
5. Copies of transcripts and any admission exams results (e.g.: GMAT, TOEFL or IELTS).
6. Scanned copy of the Civil ID card, and the passport photo page.
7. Further documentation may be requested once all of the documents mentioned above have been received.
Applications are open for submission year round. Students expecting to graduate by Summer 2018 are also eligible to apply.
Additional information about the GUST Graduate Scholarship can be obtained at the Office of International Programs (W1-102) or email email@example.com.
GUST will review each applicant’s case individually, and make a final decision based on the recommendations of the GUST Graduate Scholarship Committee.