Teaching Assistant for English Department
Key Role :
The TA is responsible for individual tutoring, the holding of general tutorial sessions, review presentations, and for assisting in departmental tasks as assigned by the department?s head or by the Dean. This position involves assignments covering 35 hour a week within the period of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (flex hours) from Sunday to Thursday. Occasional proctoring duties may be required on Saturdays.
- Be available for a minimum of 20 hours for students who need tutoring.
- Give occasional review lectures.
- Help in proctoring of examinations within the College.
- Prepares weekly reports on the number of students tutored
- Provide feedback to the faculty on student academic weaknesses..
- Assist in departmental tasks:
- Help faculty prepare course materials;
- Grade homework;
- Participate in various departmental activities as assigned by the Dean; (e.g. Seminars, Social events, student activities, etc.).
- Bachelors in English is a must
- Previous teaching experience is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Computer competence
Last Date to Apply:
Number of Position:
Wednesday, 31 August 2016
job purpose scope: