About the Program
In recent years, there has been an explosion in the number of satellite television stations, newspapers, mobile phones, and Internet users in Kuwait and the region. Local organizations are also increasingly applying public relations tactics to build their brand reputations and influence public opinion and behaviour. These changes underscore the need to develop the field of mass communication as a flourishing discipline that provides valuable work opportunities in areas such as:
- Multimedia content creation, for advertising, public relations, government or non-profit organizations.
- Public relations and advertising professionals
- Graphic designers, animation, multimedia, and web design specialists.
Mass Communication students select one emphasis from the following:
- Digital Media Production with an emphasis on multimedia creation using video, audio, imaging, graphics and animation tools.
- Public Relations and Advertising with an emphasis on copywriting for advertising and public relations, strategic campaign planning and execution, and Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC).
- Visual communication with an emphasis on graphic message design, visual culture, semiotics and web design.