Postdoctoral Research Associate,Synthetic Organic/Polymer Chemist
We are looking for a highly motivated synthetic organic chemist preferably with additional expertise in polymer and/or supramolecular chemistry. The research project, funded by the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS), lies at the interface of polymer chemistry, materials chemistry, and supramolecular chemistry. It focuses on the design, characterization, and applications of aromatic hydrocarbons and graphene-like structures for gas separation.
- Ph.D. Degree in organic/polymer chemistry from a recognized university.
- 0-5 years of research experience in advanced organic synthesis.
- Demonstrated record of expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry including carrying out reactions under inert atmosphere.
- Acquaintance with microwave synthesis and advanced purification and isolation techniques.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Hands-on C-C and C-Z cross coupling reaction methods.
- Knowledge of polymer and/or supramolecular chemistry.
- Experience in advanced spectroscopic and surface analyses techniques.
- Familiar with bibliographical search engines.
- Good publication record.
Benefits we offer:
- A one year temporary position with the possibility of an extension after a positive evaluation.
- A private health insurance for the applicant.
- A one-way ticket to join your duty.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send a cover letter and CV (including photo) in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further information please check the group homepage: https://www.gust.edu.kw/departments/math_natural_sciences/chemistry_research_group